Two (2) Case Manager positions- Part-Time (20-25 hrs/wk), 75% In person, 25% optional remote
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Franklin County (BBBSFC)
Location: Greenfield, MA
Come join our awesome team! BBBSFC is part of the BBBS of America National Federation, the leading JEDI focused youth empowerment agency in the country. We are an inclusive, innovative and passionate workplace where we believe everyone can benefit from a healthy role model, especially our youth! We are a fast paced, creative staff who value teamwork and communication. To learn more about us visit http://www.bbbs-fc.org
We are looking for the right 2 people to fill our new part time positions: A Community Based Case Manager (working with Adult mentored matches) and a Site Based Case Manager (working with high school student mentored matches virtually and in person). Both of these jobs require a passion for working with youth and their families, patience, energy, flexibility and creativity. One of the positions also requires a desire to engage young folks virtually and bring excitement around creating a program that will incorporate gaming, technology and virtual connection as a core function.
Duties include but are not limited to: youth recruitment, adult and youth interviewing, significant electronic documentation, survey completion, processing background checks, programs/activity facilitation weekly and monthly in person and virtually, parent and mentor training presentation, case management and frequent child safety checks. The weekly schedule can be flexible to meet your needs but some evening hours and occasional weekend hours are a must and all hired staff will be required to complete online comprehensive child safety, TIC and JEDI ( Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) training within the first 30 days of hire and prior to any one to one youth interactions.
Minimum Required Skills:
– Pass a comprehensive, multi layered background screening
– Valid drivers licence and auto insurance
– bachelors degree preferred but associates degree and/or relevant work experience may be substituted for the right candidate
– Minimum of 2 years social work/family engagement work experience
– Experience working with diverse populations and a commitment to inclusive and racially just practices
– Strong written and verbal communication skills across all platforms
– Open minded and willingness to learn new things (ie: technology, data tends, methods of mentoring, etc…)
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively as well as meet all deadlines
– Patient, positive attitude with a flexible mindset
– Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of program participants and their protected information
– Access to reliable transportation as well as internet and cell phone service if working remotely.
– Experience with a CRM database or data management software system
– Knowledge of child safety practices and preventions
– Program coordination and leadership experience
– $17.00 per hour
– Year round position
– 12 paid Holidays per year plus generous paid vacation and sick time
– Paid bi-weekly
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply through the appropriate website being sure to add a cover letter. A completed basic application and 2 references will be required after the initial interview for advancing candidates. Email questions to the above address: NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
BBBSFC seeks to develop a diverse workforce and create an inclusive work environment. People from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender expressions, and lived experiences are encouraged to apply for all available positions.